November 30, 2008

Week 21

Well, it's been a busy week here. I worked overnight a couple of nights and Rachel had the whole week off. I was able to sleep alot despite being on call last night so we went and did some registering. It's crazy how much stuff there is out there and it was quite overwelming despite the fact that I have a little knowledge about babies. I can already tell how this experience is going to make me a much better pediatrician.



Noah has been moving around a whole over the past few days. He is getting more and more active and I was even able to feel him some the other night.



Notable developments this week: Noah's skin is starting to become more opaque. This process started a couple of weeks ago but is getting closer to complete as he prepares to make his debut.

In addition, this week is a big week for the development of white blood cells. These cells are involved in fighting off disease once Noah is exposed to all the germs that live among us. I'm sure Noah will be exposed to his fair share with daddy being a baby doctor and all.

Noah and I are both going to our first professional football game tomorrow night (at least first one I can remember-don't think we ever went when I was younger). We decided to go see Reliant one time before we leave and couldn't think of a better time than Texans Monday Night Football. It's actually part of my birthday present from Rachel.

Please pray for Noah's skin and his immune system to be up and running in just 19 short weeks.

Gen 3:21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for Noah's immune system and his skin. He will be making an appearance before we know it!
Dad (PePaw) and I were talking about whether or not the ceiling was closed during the game last night. Houston had a good game!
I am looking forward to our time together and with Janice and David. Be sure to put in some good shopping shoes!
Mon/MeMaw

Anonymous said...

Skin is such a wonderful organ...it keeps everything held in and yet lets some stuff out. Amazing, isn't it! We'll be sure to pray for smooth and beautiful skin, and a super-duper effective immune system, too!

Hope Noah-Bean enjoyed the game, too!

Like your Mom and Dad, we're sure looking forward to the shoppin' trip!

Love you all 3!!!!!

Granny & Grandpa D.