February 8, 2009

Week 32

Well, we had a great weekend with Rachel's parents in town. David and I spent most of the weekend playing Tiger Woods on the Wii. Rachel had a shower with her cheerleaders which was a lot of fun! We had our first of a two part class on childbirth today. It was pretty informative and only added a little to our stress level so I think overall it was worth it.

Well, Noah has about reached his apex of height by now. He may still have a few more inches to grow but the majority of his growth from this point on is weight. He should be about 4.5 lbs now and average birth weight is just over 7.

Another big part of his development involves the absorption and laying down of calcium, phosphorus in his bones and the storing up of iron in order to make new red blood cells as he gets ready for his "life on the outside."

Once he gets on solids, he'll have plenty of other places to get his minerals from. One of my favorites is Joe Allen's (http://www.joeallens.com/) but I'm not sure when he'll be able to chew the brisket and I think mixing the barbecue sauce might be a little excessive. I don't know what Rachel's favorite will be, but I think some candidates are Jason's Deli or Rosa's.

There's also this great little tea shop called Hickory Street Cafe that's located in a house that must've been built around the 20s and is just a few blocks south of my office. They have the best chicken salad in the world and I think it will be a great place for Grannie (Rachel's grandmother) to come and sip tea with me and Noah on my afternoon off!

4 comments:

kelley80 said...

OKAY OKAY!!! ENOUGH ALREADY!!! First you entice Tony with guns, James with golf courses, now you are hitting the target with a tea room and good chicken salad! Hope you have a big house! Let me see..Granny, Tony, Kris, James, me, 5 dogs and multiple barn cats...I think you better call that Realtor and tell her you need a compound! If your new house has a pool...you are in BIG trouble! We are loading up the trucks right now!

Love,

Kelley

Anonymous said...

Justin,
You could always take your guests that are competitive - which would be most of them, I think to Primetime! Noah will be bowling strikes before you know it. I think Kory can show him how!
Love you! Mom

Anonymous said...

Grannie will LOVE the tea room and sipping tea with you and Noah-Bean. But I think Kel is right...you may have some permanent company if you don't watch out! Those Kansas Dickerson's are just desperate enough to get out of Kansas that you may have bitten off more than you can chew!

We sure enjoyed the weekend..the Wii, the Shower, movies and dinner...what a great way to spend a weekend with you guys!

So excited to hear about your most recent Dr. visit and the classes, too!

Love you all!

Grandpa & Granny D.

The Bethancourts said...

Get that growing boy some Joe Allen's fast! It, in my opinion, does a body good...somehow though pureed steak might not be as appetizing, but I think it's worth a shot!