February 15, 2009

Week 32

Well, I keep trying to make Rachel further along than she actually is but that only explains why I'm doing my second Week 32 post in a row...

If I continued going by the information that I read about fetal development, I'd start by saying that this week Noah weighs about 3 lbs 12 oz but since I actually got a look at how big Noah is getting (www.justinandrachelsmith@blogspot.com) I have to say that he is actually 4 lbs 10 oz. So far all of our prayers for a healthy baby have gone as planned but Rachel's prayer for a smallish baby have not been so successful. He actually dated out about 2 weeks ahead of where we thought. This either means that our dates are possibly off (not likely given that our first ultrasound concurred) or that he's just really big!!

I don't think Rachel mentioned that we also saw quite a bit of hair on the ultrasound! Rachel and I both had really blond hair as kids and although he probably won't be born with it, there's a pretty good chance he'll share those "Goldilocks" at some point as well.

Speaking of Goldilocks, it's time to mention another activity that I'm sure Noah will enjoy with Aunties Kris and Kelley. I'm imagining a "double" date (he gets both hot ladies!) consisting of lunch and a cookie or some pie at the famous McKay's bakery (http://www.mckaysbakery.com/index.html) followed by walk down the street to the National Center for Children's Illustrated Literature (http://www.nccil.org/index.htm) to see some fun books and maybe even sit for a reading! Once he falls asleep, they can pack him in the stroller and roll next door to Relic's Imported Home Furniture (http://relicshome.com/) which is where Rachel and I have bought a lot of our home furniture. They have lots of neat home accessories with big Texas Stars on them and probably even a purse with a cowboy and fringe on it!

Well, we just finished our childbirth class today and it brought out plenty of things to pray for. We were introduced to all the extra possible complications that Rachel and I want to avoid in addition to all the things that we want to go right. Ultimately, the final prayer is that Noah would follow in the footsteps of his namesake...

Gen 6:9 This is the account of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked with God.

3 comments:

kelley80 said...

Did someone say purse?!?? Didn't hear anything else. Where? Where's the purse? Huh? Did I hear "purse"? Almost sure I heard the word purse.

Kelley

Anonymous said...

I knew Kel would love your invitation for a double date with Noah-bean....and especially the part about purses.

My sister.....sigh! You'd think I could have had at least one....well, you know the script!

We're praying every day for Noah to grow to just the right size, and are growing more and more excited about his arrival.

With a Mom and Dad who love the Lord as you guys do, Noah WILL be that "righteous man...."

Love you all more every day!

Grandpa & Granny D

Anonymous said...

I think the Kansas ladies might like Jordan Taylor in downtown Abilene. Their website does not do justice to the neat things in the store! They might even have a neat glider to rock Noah in!
Mom
http://www.jordantaylorandco.com/index.htm