September 21, 2008

Week 11


Well, things are going well here. I think Rachel is starting to feel less sick, a little less often.


This week is a big week for kidney development as they begin to function and make amniotic fluid. In all my studies of medicine, the kidney is by the most complicated and fascinating organ. I have studied its function in high school biology, at least two classes in undergrad, two classes in medical school and had to review multiple times while caring for patients and I still can't remember all the complicated systems that work to eliminate waste from our bodies. So, basically I just pray for working kidneys, period.


Another interesting thing, this week the baby's fingers and toes will be completely separated and look amazing! I'll try to attach a picture.
John 13:5 After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.
Pray that in remembering those feet that Rachel and I will be great parents, willing to serve baby and all of those around us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for good kidneys and looking forward to seeing those cute hands and feet. I loved the picture, it looks translucent.
The Lord has great plans for all three of you!
MeMaw and PePaw/aka Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Again, thank you so much for your weekly updates. It makes me feel like I can actually participate by praying specifically.

Thanks for taking such good care of Rachel and little Beanie! We love you, Granny and Grandpa/aka Janice and David

Anonymous said...

I remember a Christmas song about the "5 little fingers of God." As Bean's fingers and toes and kidneys develop, we'll all pray daily for perfect formations!

Keep that Bean safe!

Love you, all 3 of you!!!

Grandpa David