September 7, 2008

Week 9

Well, another week down and Baby Smith (aka Lima) is getting busy in there!! This week is the first week of movement for the baby. Hopefully, he/she's getting rhythm from mommy! (Prayers for this would be appreciated.) These movements are of course too small for Rach to notice but with high quality ultrasounds it is very clear that the little one's are moving at this point.

Another interesting development, babies at 9 weeks already have something called a grasping reflex. This is that great little movement where they will squeeze anything that is placed in their palm. You continue to see this at birth and up to 4 months of age which is the motivation for many close-up pictures (look he's holding my hand-don't worry, we'll have it too). But in reality baby's saying, "This trick is so old, I've been doing this for 31 weeks (but look how excited it makes them)."

Rachel has felt much better over the past couple days so keep the prayers coming. We've been having some car trouble so just pray that Bean has a car to put his/her seat in (I'm sure there are some grandparents/great aunts who would like a visit every now and then).

Job 31:15 Did not he that made me in the womb make him? and did not one fashion us in the womb?

3 comments:

MeMaw said...

Of course, there are some grandparents that want a visit every now and then. I hope you get your car fixed.
I totally love the reflex where they grab your finger. I am looking forward to that day!
I, too, hope "bean" gets Rachel's rhythm. It really isn't because you don't believe in dancing that you don't dance, is it? Me either.
Love, MeMaw

Anonymous said...

Plane, train or automobile...
if you and Bean don't come to us, we'll come to you!

So glad to hear Rachel is feeling better. Hope you both are enjoying every single day of this!

love to all five of you (including Lucy & Linus, of course),
Great Auntie Kris

Anonymous said...

I love the blog site, and I love hearing about little Lima Bean. Oh, I hope that name doesn't stick!

You're all in my prayers,
Kay Whitton

(can I be a great "aunt"?