September 29, 2008

Week 12

Well, sorry I'm a day late but I've been working in the ER three nights in a row which means I pretty much go to work and sleep.

See Rachel's blog from this week for pictures of the little bean (which actually looks like a baby now)!!

At this point, Baby Smith weighs about the same as 4 quarters.

The baby's neck is growing as well as development of the chin. Pray that the baby has a normal chin with a normal bite as Daddy Smith was not blessed in this area. Some of you know, some of you don't that I had a major surgery to correct my underbite about 1.5 cm. That's why some of my family call my smile the $80K smile. Let's pray that Bean's smile comes with a slightly lower price tag....

As I thought about smiles, happiness and true joy I found this verse:

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

I pray this for you all and also pray that our child will know the joy that can only from God's hope.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby Smith will have a cute smlle, I am sure. Thanks for keeping us updated and I am glad I don't have to work in the ER all night!
Love, Mom/Me-Maw

Anonymous said...

Bean's gonna have a great smile because of his / her Daddy & Mommy's love! Those smiles are beautiful because they start in the heart and only show up on the face...

Every week, Grannie and I are more and more proud and excited from what you're telling us on BOTH of your blogs! Thanks!

Love you! Grandpa & Grannie D.

Anonymous said...

I'd say you have a million dollar smile -- cause like old grandpa says, they start in the heart! We are praying for baby's smile that comes from the heart as well as from the jaw line.

Love, Granny D.

The Bethancourts said...

Ah yes,the infamous jaw surgery. I remember I was called upon to bring you a milkshake to drink and take you to the mall to get your haircut so you could get out of the house! Anything for a friend with his mouth wired shut. Nothing like an all liquid diet...you'll be good as a geriatric.