January 20, 2009

Week 28

Well, we had a great weekend traveling back to Abilene to look for houses and take care of some work stuff that we needed to before Noah locked us down in Houston for a while. While we were gone someone came and looked at the house, so we’re praying for some feedback from that soon…

Noah’s new trick this week: blinking. He’s beginning to open his eyes enough now that when you watch you can definitely see discrete episodes of opening and closing.

While we were home it was a great reminder to see my little cousin playing around my grandmother’s house. He parents are amazing and have done such a great job with her but they stay so relaxed and are able to laugh about the little mischievous things that she does! I hope and pray that we can find the balance that they have been able to find. She used to be very scared of me (and many men in general) but she and I had a great time taking our dogs for a walk and even did a little reading together (Noah’s ark-she picked the book, I promise). Having much of the family together was great and I know that having Noah around our families is going to be so much easier now that we are moving back to Abilene. Rachel’s parents are only about 2.5 hours (maybe quicker with David driving) away. I think that we can even try and sweeten the deal to get some of the Kansas crew down for a visit or two. I’ve heard that they are a hard sell but I’ve already considered this a personal challenge. Tony, we’ve got guns, hunting, warm weather and I’m sure we can find something for you to build (we need to get you and my brother together (check our Keith's barns). James, we’ve got great golf (check out Diamondback), real and Wii (bought the Tiger Woods game). I’ve decided to go after the uncles first but stay tuned for other Abilene attractions in future posts…

Deut 4:9-Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.

4 comments:

kelley80 said...

Oh thanks a lot Justin!! Now Kris and I are going to have to find new husbands! The minute James and Tony read this, they are gone! Oh forget it, warm weather? Kris, Granny and I will be there before Tony and James even realize we are gone! lol

Hope the sale of your house is fast and easy!

Love,

Kelley

Anonymous said...

Atta boy, Justin! Getting Tony and James on the hook is a great idea! I know Tony and Keith would be ... well, on second thought, they're SO much alike and enjoy barn-raisin' that we might never see them. And once James gets his eyes on Diamondback, it'll take a huge Wii Tiger Woods challenge to get him off the course!

And what's this about me driving fast????? So what if I made it to Houston in 2 hours and Austin in 45 minutes? (Only kidding about that one....I think. I DID once make it to a fast-pitch tournament in Waco in less than 45 minutes, but that was years ago....HONEST!)

So cool to think of Noah-Bean blinking and opening his eyes. Amazing - miraculous - unfathomable until you remember Who made Him! Ain't God good!!!

Love you all! Can't wait to see you (and your folks again soon)!!

Grandpa & Granny D.

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed getting to be with you over the weekend! Kytlin is loving riding the elevator with DeeDee's Dad at the hospital. She has a cold, hopefully she will be better by the time Davis goes home.
We will look forward to entertaining any "Jayhawks" that come to Texas!!!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I married The Original Homebody, so if you can pry him off this farm, I salute you! Tony also adheres strictly to the "Love Me Love My Dog" theory, so when he pulls up in your driveway, expect an onslaught of Caj, Calvin... and The Horror That is Jimmy the Dog. You may need one of Keith's big barns to hold all of us when we come a-visitin' LIttle Mister Noah.

-- Kris