March 22, 2009

37 weeks

Today Noah reaches that magical day in the pediatric and obstetric world known as FULL TERM! That means that any time he is ready, he is welcome to make his appearance into the world.

Not a whole lot more to be said on the developmental front. Noah is pretty much fully developed at this point. He will likely continue to grow about 1/2 pound per week but he could make it on his own if he were to come out right this second.

I think he was just waiting for perhaps my favorite weekend in the whole world which is next weekend's Sweet 16 and Elite 8 weekend of the NCAA tournament. If he's not here next weekend then I guess Duke will have to win so that he and I can watch them together in the Final 4.

As we near the end of this journey, we've been amazed at all the support and encouragement of family and friends that we've received. We cherish all of you so much and can't wait for you guys to get to meet little Noah!

I Thess. 1:2-We always thank God for all of you, mentioning you in our prayers.

4 comments:

kelley80 said...

We can't wait either! Hurry Noah...you have less than 5 hours!!!

love,

Kel

MeMaw said...

I don't know if I will be able to find all the things Noah needs - Maverick shirt, Aggie shirt, Duke Shirt, and Ranger shirt, but I am sure whether or not he plays sports, he will have fun watching them with his parents!
Love, MeMaw

Anonymous said...

In the spirit of the Final Four, I'm putting my "bet" in the pool for late afternoon on April 9th.

Whether he plays basketball, tennis, golf, or the piano, he's gonna be one of the most loved boys in West Texas, won't he!

C'mon, Noah-Bean!!!!!!

Love to all!

Granny & Grandpa D.

Anonymous said...

Everytime the phone rings now, we think... Noah!

We'll be waiting for the call when Rachel goes into labor. Put us on speed dial!