March 1, 2009

Week 34

Week 34 of Noah's stay at the Motel 40 in Rachel's Belly, Texas. I'm in Ballinger this weekend for a sad trip for my grandfather's funeral. My mom's father passed away this week so I drove up her without Rachel since she had reached the point in her pregnancy where the doctor didn't want her traveling. It was a beautiful service and we saw a lot of family that we hadn't seen in a long time.

Well, it's time for Rachel to start dumping antibodies into Noah's system so that he will be ready to face the mean world of bacteria and viruses that will surround him after he is born. I've about decided to install a state-of-the-art decontamination room in my garage to keep from bringing all kinds of nasty germs home from work. Rachel will continue giving him antibodies until week 37. This is one of the main reasons that doctors consider babies to be full term at 37 weeks and why Noah needs to stay in for a few more weeks.

Noah has also started to open his eyes during awake times just like when he's awake (and most likely screaming) when he gets to the outside. Somehow, the Smith boys have figured out a way around the requirement of having your eyes closed to sleep as I'm pretty convinced that both me and my dad can sleep while watching TV with our eyes wide open. I don't know at what stage of development he picks this up but I'm pretty sure it's post-natal. However, I pray that when he is both awake and asleep he will have vision for his generation and that he will be a leader after God's own heart!

Acts 2:17-" 'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

Kristi, just write, "This is me." on the blog comments so that I will know you came by...

3 comments:

kelley80 said...

Gosh Justin...so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I am sure that all of your family has wonderful memories of him.

Love,

Kelley

Anonymous said...

Rachel's grandpa would fall asleep in the recliner watching tv... mouth hanging wide open, loud snoring... I'd say, "WAKE UP,DAD." And he'd reply,"I AM AWAKE", eyes shut, mid-snore, no break in stride.

Now that's a real trick: sleeping, snoring,talking, all in one breath! Must be coded into the male DNA.

We're so sorry for your loss, Justin. Wonderful grandparents are such a lovely part of growing up... as you and Rachel know, and Noah will soon discover!

much love, Kris

Anonymous said...

We've been keeping all of you in our prayers over the weekend as you bid your Grandpa farewell into Jesus' arms! What a peace we have to know we'll meet all those who precede us again! Yet, there's still a touch of sorrowing, too. We're lifting all of you up during these days.

What a privilege it was for Jan and me to spend the weekend with Rachel while you travelled to W. Texas.

Justin, I can't tell you how deeply Jan and I are touched by your mention in every blog about your prayers for Noah to become a man after Jesus' own heart! Much like his Daddy!!!!

We're also praying for them antibodies....we'll sure spend any amount of time in that decontamination chamber in the garage....just give us a book to read.

Love to all....see you this weekend for the next shower, to! (Hmmmm...Rachel & Noah-bean will be pretty clean from all the showers, eh!)

Love ya!

Grandpa & Granny D.