April 20, 2009

Maybe Baths aren't So Bad


Welcome home to me! Mom and dad brought me home about a week ago and for the most part, it's been great! I spend most of my time eating, sleeping and pooping but every now and then I have the energy to look around and figure out everything that's going on in our house.

First things first, when we first got home they made me watch "Dancing with the Stars." I'm not really sure what I thought about that but I'll let it slide. Then these two little creatures came running around checking me out for just a second but pretty much they just left me alone. Mom and dad call them Lucy and Linus but I think they're just dogs...

Daddy had to go back to work on Wednesday. He said he had other kids to take care of. I'm not quite sure I understand what that means, but maybe some day.


I'm so glad that Granny D. got to stay with us for the week. She took care of all the cooking and even washed all the clothes that I peed all over whenver mommy and daddy didn't get my diaper on right.


The second night I was home mom and dad tried to flush me down the garbage disposal but I wouldn't let them so they just gave me a bath instead. Let me tell you, I wasn't too excited about it. There was so much water and I got so slippery I thought that daddy might drop me but thank goodness he didn't.


The rest of the week went pretty much uneventfully. Grandpa D came into town and MeMaw and PeePaw tried to come and see me but between Dallas and Houston got routed around a big storm and landed in Lafayette, LA so they didn't make it on Saturday for their day trip like they were supposed to.
Sunday daddy strapped me into some bizarre torture device. It had all these crazy straps and I could barely move. I wasn't quite sure what he had in mind but then he took me out to his really cool black truck and I realized we were going for a ride.


The ride took us to Target where a really nice lady began taking lots of pictures of me. At first I thought she was a photographer, but then she started giving daddy all kinds of parenting advice so maybe she was a doctor...confusing.
I smiled alot and had a big time and even peed all over her sheets. I thought this was pretty funny until she put the sheets back up on the shelf to use again (Maybe Baths aren't So Bad).
You can check out the pictures on this website (Click here.) Type in Justin Smith.

The best part of the day came when we got home. I had a great nap and was having some pretty active dreams. There were happy moments and sad moments and very, very focused moments. Daddy got some pictures...





For the last part of the night, daddy got a phone call from PeePaw and they were on their way back home from Louisiana and were now going to get stuck in Houston for the night! That means I got to meet PeePaw for the first time after all!

6 comments:

kelley80 said...

Dear Noah,

Congrats on you first trip to Target! You are my kind of guy! For future reference, remember, the toys are laid out in the back of the store, probably to the left, candy and gum are plentiful at the front checkout lines. Here is another hint...bedding, including tons of sheets, is kind of in the middle by housewares ...just in case you need to pee the next time you are shopping there. Since you have already broken that rule I see no need for you to have to back track all the way back up to the front of the store to hit the mens room.

Love,

Kelley

Auntie Kris said...

Let me tell you, Noah, that chicks dig men who can dance, so as soon as you can walk, you may to reconsider Dancing with the Stars.

Of course, all you'll have to do is flash that dimple and the girls will be drooling... and you know drooling, right?

Love you already!

PS: Remind me not to shop at Target with you or Aunt Kelley.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweet Noah,

You had us even before you smiled and showed off the dimples!

Sure glad you got to meet your PeePaw!

Miss you and love you,
Granny and Grandpa D.

Miss D said...

Noah, you are so precious and I can't wait to meet you. MeMaw and I are going to have lots of fun with you and Nathan.
Love you lots,
Miss D

The Bethancourts said...

Noah

You are quite the accomplished blogger at such a young age--your genius must be due to your DNA!

You look like quite the little man in your pictures and we so look forward to meeting you. Keep us up on what's happening in your world. Give your parents big hugs and kisses and try to let them sleep some too!

Phillip, Cami, & Nathan

Anonymous said...

Of course he's very bright! Got great brain-genes from both sides of the family!

Last time I got to hold you, Noah-Bean, you were kickin' like a dancin' maniac, so guess that watching Dancin' with the Stars will be a smart idea. And your Auntie Kris is right...girls do dig guys who can dance (especially those with great dimples.)

Can't wait to see you again!

Love you lots!!
Granny & Grandpa D.