April 11, 2009

TaaaDaaaa!

I know you all have been patiently waiting on me but I wasn’t quite ready yet. Life “on the inside” was soooo great. It was warm, dark, quiet and I didn’t have to do anything but lay there.

Every now and then I’d have to poke and squirm to get mom’s attention but I didn’t do it too much because sure enough dad would start poking me back trying to figure out what body part it was and what position I was in. I mean, good grief, can’t a guy get some peace in quiet in his own womb.

Then today, I started getting all this squeezing and poking. I tried to hold on for dear life but then some old dude stick 2 spoons around my head and yanked me out.

Anyway, I was finally ready today, 4/11/2009 and decided to make my appearance at 4:18 PM. and weighed in a whopping 8 lbs 9.5 ounces.

Life out here isn’t so bad. There were lots of people standing around when I first came out. I was a little mad when dad cut my feeding tube but I figured out soon that there was more to the story.

Mommy couldn't stop being close to me. It was amazing that after all that labor she still smelled like strawberries! If only I had two great aunts to kiss all over me with strawberry lip gloss too!


























Granny and Granpa D were here when I came out too. They were so excited and it was great to have Grampa D's strong hands holding me so tight and Granny D watching over me while the nurse jabbed that nail into my foot to check my blood sugar.


Well, they’re about to wheel me off to the transitional nursery so I better go, stay tuned for more pictures of me and my visitors over the next few days...Here's a last picture of a great big happy family!!

18 comments:

MeMaw said...

What a precious baby! You did good!!!!! I am anxious to see Noah and hold him! Kory liked his new cousin. God has surely blessed our lives with another precious boy!
MeMaw/Mom

Miss D said...

So glad Noah has finally arrived. He is precious! Can't wait to meet him in person.
Congratulations Mom and Dad --
Job well done!
Love to all of you.
Delores

Anonymous said...

Welcome, Noah Bean! I can't wait to see you in a month! Counting the days! Love you, Aunt Sara!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are awesome. Thank you for finding time in your busy day to upload the pics. I guess we have a super dad to go with that super mom. :-)

Noah is so handsome!

Melissa/Neal/Abby

Laurie said...

He's so beautiful!

Congratulations!

Laurie (King) Voce

P.S. I'm going to teach him how to cheat at Go Fish.

kelley80 said...

Welcome to a world filled with Bonnie Bell Noah! Here's a great big Mango Smack for you to top off that Strawberry one!

Love you,

Auntie Kelley

Ashley said...

oh my goodness!! we are so excited for you guys!! he is the cutest thing!!!! get lots of rest! we can't wait to see more pics!

The Bethancourts said...

We love you already little Noah! Welcome to the big wide world you handsome thing. Can't wait for you to meet Nathan! Let the adventure begin...

Phillip, Cami, & Nathan

jess&robert said...

beautiful baby! love the pics... i'll be coming by to see him when I get the go ahead =)

Marcie said...

Thank you, God, for sweet baby Noah. Many blessings to you all! Love, Marcie, Scott and all the Finley kiddos

Anonymous said...

Now we can say, "we were there when you were born" to BOTH Rachel & Noah! What a joy it is to see what a great Mommy and Daddy Noah has!!!! Looks to me like he has his Mommy's lips & nose, and his Daddy's eyes!

Now I have to figure out how to keep everyone else away from him so I don't have to share holding him and playing with him...hmmmm.

Love you THREE real-life Smiths!!

Granny & Grandpa D.

Anonymous said...

Noah has left the ark!
Daddy Doc Lawhon

the thorntons said...

Welcome to the world Noah! We are SO glad you're here! Congratulations to your Mom & Dad too! We are DYING to meet you soon!!

sara lindsey said...

congratulations! we are so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Love the lip gloss. Rachel, you certainly recovered quickly for the first family portrait. Can't wait to meet Noah.

Greg and Vicki Tuegel

Great Aunt Kris said...

Yeah, yeah, that baby's cute, but more importantly... your lips look lusciously moist.

I can't tell you how much we wish we were in Texas this week! Thank goodness for computers...
as expected, I blubbered all over the keyboard when I saw the pictures. Love the photo of you checking out Noah and Noah checking YOU out! Love the fact that he's here and you're fine and Justin's changing the diapers! Love that he arrived on my birthday (I WIN) ... but most of all, love you. All three of you.

Can't wait to give Noah bubblegum and crayons and Charlotte's Web and fishing worms and Chapstick.

Love!You!

G.A. Kris said...

PS: He's purty!

kelley80 said...

CHAPSTICK? WHAT??!!? Call SRS...Auntie cruelty! Shame on Auntie Kris. WHAT? Do you want to split that little baby lips open? Okay, I understand that Bonnie Bell might not be Noahs first choice but for goodness sakes!---that's why there is Burts Bee's, Carmex, Aloe Gator Lip Balm, Blistex, Eco Lips Organic Lip Balm....MUST I GO ON???
Kris...you are banned from Noah as of right this minute.

Ummm....Rachel, could you PLEASE tell Kris that she only won 1/2, that I won the other 1/2 because you went into labor on the 10th? Her head is so big that we have to Crisco it down in order to get her through the double doors at the shop. Thank you.

Love,
Kelley