April 5, 2009

39 weeks

Well, not much more going on around here. Mom is taking a nap and me and the dogs are watching the Mavericks. I'm hoping that the Mavs climb into 7th place so that Noah's first experience with them won't be seeing them get swept by the Lakers in the first round of the playoffs...

I know that one of the experiences that I enjoy most with my both my dads (in-laws count too) is watching sporting events. In person or on TV, it doesn't matter, there's just something about watching people compete that is exciting and relaxing at the same time. I hope that Noah and I are able to enjoy watching many games together over the years!

I also hope that I can use sports to teach him about life including how to handle success and failure. I wasn't exactly the best at handling failure but I should be able to teach from the experience of not handling losing very well...Hopefully, I have grown up some over the years although I still get a little frustrated when things aren't going exactly me way now.

I Cor 10:31-So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

2 comments:

MeMaw said...

The last few years the Mavericks have "peaked" too early. Maybe they are peaking now to get ready for the Lakers or whoever they play!!! Does Noah have a Maverick jersey yet? Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I promise I won't teach Noah-Bean to throw a golf club, I won't dunk a fishing rod into the lake, and I PROMISE I won't slam a baseball bat against the dugout fence! PROMISE!

Won't it be fun to both watch sporting events with Noah, and teach him good and healthy habits in winning (and losing) gracefully! I know you're gonna be one of the finest examples of a Christ-like Dad in the world...what a blessed boy Noah (and his sibs) are to have a Godly man like you as a daddy! I can't wait to watch YOU holding and lovin' on him!

Love you 3 more every day!

Granny & Grandpa D.